Low Volume Production with Carbon Printing
Bright Plastics has a state-of-the-art Engineering Lab complete with 3D printing capabilities. Our 3D printing capability has built strength in many industries — both in prototyping and low volume production. The ability to manufacture small runs and not have cost prohibitions for durable, quality parts is another way we can provide solutions for our customers in a variety of industries including medical, aerospace, industrial and automotive.
Using the Carbon® system, digital fabrication is a cost-effective alternative for designing, engineering, creating and delivering finished (end-use) products at scale. As part of Carbon’s Production Network, Bright Plastics has a digital manufacturing platform that offers a faster process and creates high-quality, end-use parts with similar properties as injection molding.
For customers needing low volume production but concerned about high precision, our 3D printing capabilities are the solution. Perfect for the medical industry, we can manufacture parts that exceed traditional 3D printed materials that force trade-offs between surface finish and mechanical properties. We have improved additive manufacturing using Carbon’s Digital Light Synthesis™ (DLS), enabling parts to behave consistently in all directions.
What is DLS?
Digital Light Synthesis™ (DLS) is a breakthrough technology that uses digital light projection, oxygen permeable optics, and programmable liquid, end-use resins to produce parts with excellent mechanical properties, resolution, and surface finish. The resolution and gentleness of the process — where parts aren’t harshly repositioned with every slice — make it possible to exploit a range of materials that have surface finish and detail needed for end-use parts.
What are the Best Uses of DLS?
- Fit Checks
- Material Testing
- Master Patterns
- Rapid Tooling
- High Surface Finishes
- Part Accuracy
- Durability Testing
- End Use Production
- Marketing Samples
- Heat Resistance
- Moisture Resistance
- UL 94-Rated
What is Carbon Speedcell™?
A production Speedcell is formed when Carbon’s technologies are used together. This Speedcell is capable of high-volume production with reduced labor, bulk material handling and higher throughput. The Speedcell allows a wide range of industries to design, engineer, make and deliver end-use parts with one common manufacturing workflow. The Speedcell includes:
- M2 Printer – Features a build volume measuring 7.4″ x 4.6″ x 12.8″, manufacturing capabilities and DLS technology. This printer allows for higher build volume that enables the manufacturing of larger parts, higher throughput and lower part cost.
- Smart Part Washer – Allows every part to be thoroughly cleaned with minimal labor for reduced part costs. Features automatic, part-specific wash protocols and process control data for part traceability.
What Materials Are Used in Carbon 3D Printing?
Featuring the widest range of properties in additive manufacturing, our materials uniquely combine high resolution, exceptional surface quality, and mechanical properties tuned for production. From consumer product elastomers to high-temperature automotive materials, our offering is growing at an unprecedented rate.
- Rigid Polyurethane Versatile (RPU) – tough, rigid, UL 94 HB
- Flexible Polyurethane (FPU) – impact resistant
- Elastomeric Polyurethane (EPU) – highly elastic, tear Resistant and Resilient
- Cyanate Ester (CE) – High Temperature Resistance
- Epoxy (EPX) – Temperature Resistant, Strong, Accurate
- Urethane Methacrylate (UMA) – fast, accurate, custom colors for prototyping and manufacturing jigs and fixtures
- Dental (DPR) – fast and accurate with applications including models and dies
- Silicone (SIL) – soft touch, biocompatible and tear resistant for wearables such as wristbands
We also collaborate with our customers and partners to develop custom solutions for some of the world’s most exciting design challenges. 3D printing is another way for Bright Plastics to create the parts you need at affordable cost and efficient manufacturing.
Bright Plastics is an official partner of Carbon 3D
Contact Bright Plastics
We hope you’ll contact Bright Plastics to learn more about our products and services. Call us at 336-668-3636, or email [email protected].