- 1987 – Bright Plastics was founded by Steve Bright in Greensboro, NC, and incorporated as a custom plastic injection molding company.
- 1988 – The company moved into its first headquarters on Burgess Road in Greensboro.
- 1988 – The first molded parts were produced.
Greensboro – in the Piedmont Triad area of North Carolina – was an ideal location for Bright Plastics and the needs of its manufacturing operation. With access to two major interstate highways (a third would open 20 years later), proximity to an international airport and a pool of eager employees ready to learn a new trade due to dwindling jobs in the furniture, textile and tobacco industries – the company was well-supported. The area also offered a selection of shipping companies to bring in raw materials and take out finished goods. There was a healthy railway system for the transportation of materials to and from the facility. (By 2013, the company would have their own rail system with rail cars delivering materials to Bright’s back door.)
- 1998 – Joe Vest joined the company as Vice President of Operations and Engineering.
- 1999 – Bright received ISO 9001 Certification.
- 2001 – Kirk Sparks joined the company as Vice President of Sales.
- 2002 – Kirk Sparks became full partner.
- 2005 – Bright Plastics acquired a 67,000 square foot facility on High Point Road (renamed Gate City Boulevard in 2016) for its corporate headquarters and manufacturing center.
- 2009 – ISO 13485 Certification was achieved and an ISO 7 (Class 10,000) cleanroom was installed.
- 2011 – Kirk Sparks was named President.
- 2011 – The company established its first – 30,000 square foot – distribution center on High Point Road.
- 2012 – Todd Poteat came to Bright Plastics as Vice President of Manufacturing.
- 2013 – Bright Plastics became FDA-Registered.
- 2013 – Bright acquired a 113,000 square foot facility on Cessna Drive to accommodate its growing manufacturing, inventory and distribution needs.
- 2015 – Michelle Fendrich joined the Bright Plastics’ team as Director of Quality.
- 2020 – Michelle LoPresti joined Bright as Controller.
It Started with Steve
Steve Bright, Founder of Bright Plastics
Steve Bright has served the plastics industry for more than 40 years. Prior to starting Bright Plastics, he worked for Rubbermaid for 12 years. While there, he worked in the engineering, computer systems development, and purchasing departments. Steve left Rubbermaid in 1987 to start Bright Plastics. He has a BS in Industrial Engineering and an MBA in Finance, both from Virginia Tech.
Steve has retired from the daily operations of Bright, but he still serves as CEO. He remains active in the oversight and direction of the company, and he meets regularly with the management team in whose trust he has placed the company. He enjoys time with his family, travel and a variety of volunteer services. Steve and his wife JoAnna live in Greensboro, NC. They have two children and four grandchildren.
Bright Plastics Today
Bright has a total of 180,000 square feet of manufacturing and office space spanning two facilities, and 160 employees serving customers around the world. The company has embraced new technology and new equipment as needed to meet the demand of its growing customer base. Management has been progressive in its approach to do what is necessary to position the company as a leader in the plastics industry.
Contact Bright Plastics
Please contact Bright Plastics at 336-668-3636 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ve told you how we started and just a little about where we are today. We’d like to tell you where we’re headed and invite you to join us for the ride.
Contact Bright Plastics
We hope you’ll contact Bright Plastics to learn more about our products and services. Call us at 336-668-3636, or email email@example.com.